Many pets are extremely active and don’t always know when their bodies have had enough. From falls and accidents to overexertion or even genetic abnormalities, your pet may experience an orthopedic injury at some point in his or her life, through no fault of your own!
We offer experienced orthopedic surgeons, many of whom are board-certified, to get your pet back on his or her paws in the event of a mobility-reducing condition or injury. Our 24-hour facility provides around-the-clock pain management and postoperative care for your pet throughout his or her recovery, as well as a physical rehabilitation team that is available to work with him or her on safely regaining strength and function.
If you notice your pet limping, shifting weight, favoring a certain limb, or that certain areas on his or her body are sensitive to touch, your pet may have experienced an orthopedic injury. While some injuries will heal on their own, it’s important to always bring your pet to a veterinarian if you notice any of these changes, as an injury that requires surgery should be addressed right away to avoid further damage. Once referred to our hospital for a consultation and procedure with one of our surgeons, we work closely with you and your veterinarian to get your pet back to enjoying the best quality of life.
Common orthopedic procedures and diagnostic tests include:
- Arthroscopy (minimally invasive joint surgery)
- Biceps release
- Meniscal injury treatment
- Elbow dysplasia treatment
- Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) treatment
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- CORA Based Leveling Osteotomy (CBLO)
- Osteochondral Autograft Transfer System (OATS™) and SynACART to treat OCD
- Hip dysplasia treatment
- Fracture repair
- Angular limb deformity (ALD) correction
- Patellar luxation correction
- Joint luxation repair
- Limb amputation
- Tendon and ligament injury treatment/repair
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections