At CASE, we provide state-of-the art anesthesia, pain management & physical rehabilitation services. When your pet needs anesthesia you can rest assured that our team has the training and expertise to provide the highest quality care. We are one of the few practices with a board-certified veterinary anesthesiologist to oversee or perform virtually all procedures in the hospital. We provide anesthesia monitoring in a similar manner to what humans receive including:
- Electrocardiography (heart rate and rhythm)
- Blood pressure
- Pulse oximetry (Oxygen levels in the blood)
- Capnography (Carbon dioxide levels in the blood)
- Plethysmographic variability index (Assessment of adequate fluid levels in the body)
- Additionally, we have the capability of mechanically ventilating (breathing) your pet if needed during a procedure.
Pain Management / Performance Medicine
Many pets instinctively hide their pain as a survival mechanism. If a pet has recently undergone surgery or has an obvious injury, some degree of pain can be assumed. But if your pet is suffering from more chronic types of pain it may be less obvious for a long time. Owners may only notice changes in function or mobility, which may actually be indicative of underlying pain. In recent years, the veterinary profession has made great progress in understanding how pets feel pain and what treatment options are the best to manage that pain.
We are able to assess your pet’s mobility, function and pain followed by a comprehensive treatment plan.
Pain management is only the first step in improving your pet’s function. Once your pet is more comfortable we can then work on increasing strength followed by function.
If your dog works for a living by spending time in search and rescue, hunting, law enforcement, agility, fly ball or other sport, we can help optimize performance.
Examples of types of pain we manage include:
- Back pain
- Long term postoperative
- Pain of unknown origin
- If your pet has a change in behavior or movement it could be related to pain.
Diagnostic methods include:
- Radiographs (x-rays)
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound
Examples of Therapeutic Modalities Include:
- Stem cell therapy
- Joint injection therapies
- Laser therapy
- Conventional and unconventional drug therapy