Halloween Pet Costume Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This contest (“Contest”) is open only to participants who enter the contest per Section 4 and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of Colorado and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the participant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 18th at 9:00 AM MT and ending October 29th at 11:59 pm MT. All online entries must be received by October 29th at 11:59 pm MT.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the process specified through Facebook contest posts. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (“Winner”) will receive a pet first aid kit (having an approximate retail value of no greater than $50). The retail value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by the votes cast on Facebook under the supervision of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency. Winner will be notified by Facebook message or email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES (‘OFFICIAL RULES”) BY WINNER (AT Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency‘s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering your content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency, anyone acting on behalf of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency, and Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property rights of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency. Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and members from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) your participation in the Contest and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND COLORADO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in COLORADO having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency. Requests must be received no later than November 10th, 2021.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency.
- Facebook: The Contest hosted by Colorado Animal Specialty & Emergency is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of these Official Rules.